SUGGESTED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Three Clever Coyote Pups (Tres Coyotitos Listos)
- What is the premise of Three Clever Coyote Pups (Tres Coyotitos Listos)?
- Why did you choose coyotes as your primary characters?
- The rattlesnake lends a little bit of danger and excitement to the story. How does that help compel a young reader to want to read on?
- You taught reading for many years in addition to being an English as a Second Language teacher. Is that is what drove you to publish your story in English and Spanish in the same book?
- What about your experiences as an educator most significantly impacts the methods you use to write for children?
- How long did it take to research and write the book?
- Your first book, GQ GQ. Where Are You? Adventures of a Gambel’s Quail is also set in the Sonoran desert of Arizona. The main character, like the coyote pups, is also a native animal. What is your goal with these themes?
- With its accompanying curriculum guide, Three Clever Coyote Pups (Tres Coyotitos Listos) helps children develop a greater appreciation for the natural world. How would you like young readers to apply what they’ve learned?
- When discussing your new book with young readers what is the primary message a parent or teacher should emphasize?
- What was the one book that you remember the most distinctly from your childhood and why?
GQ GQ. Where Are You? Adventures of a Gambel's Quail
- What is unique about the Gambel's quail and why is it called a "Gambel's" quail?
- What was your inspiration for the book?
- Tell us about the CD that you created for the book. How did you decide on the music and how long did it take to record?
- What is the average size of a Gambel's quail?
- How long did it take you to write the book?
- What was the most difficult part in writing it?
- As you were researching the Gambel's quail, what did you learn that really surprised you?
- What ages of children is GQ designed to reach?
- How can this book be used in a classroom?
- Do you have plans for another book?